Concrete Finisher / Job In Canada
LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
We are looking for seven (7) Concrete Finishers to join our team.
We have constructed refrigerated arena floors since 1988. We have developed superior install practices and procedures through years of continuous effort to ensure top-quality end result floors that meet or exceed expectations. We at Bry Sand maintain a “single source” responsible constructor’s role and provide all installation services in-house, having identified personnel as the most essential quality control factor, ensuring consistently excellent results and timely schedules.
In this position, you will be able to utilize your prior experience and learn new skills while working for an established company specializing in floor pouring, floor leveling, floor finishing, high tolerance floors and slab installation. Your responsibilities include:
- Checking formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement material;
- Directing placement of concrete into forms or surfaces;
- Filling hollows and removing spots on freshly poured cement;
- Operating power vibrators to compact concrete;
- Leveling top surface concrete according to grade and depth specifications;
- Finishing concrete surfaces using hand and power tools;
- Applying hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces;
- Repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn or damaged sections of concrete structures; and
- Utilizing laser leveling technology.
- Successful candidates will be able to speak English and have at least 2-3 years of experience for this position.
Compensation and Additional Requirements
- The salary for this position is $30.63 per hour based on a 40 hour work week.
- Travel within Edmonton will be required for this job.
- Qualified candidates will have daytime and weekend availability.
- Mandatory drug testing is in place.
You may apply for this position in person at our business located at 7908 – 18 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6P 1Y7, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.