Data Engineer / Canada Job
LOCATION: Montreal , QC
Comprehend is a cloud-based software solution for clinical operations teams to optimize quality and speed across a portfolio of clinical trials.
Only Comprehend unifies and analyzes ClinOps quality data and automates alerts and collaboration with the full team including CROs. These capabilities help ClinOps focus on what matters, act faster and increase speed to a quality result.
Comprehend gives life sciences companies a new source of competitiveness. ClinOps now has the ability to confidently take the best actions that deliver on-time, high quality submissions.
About the Position
Comprehend Systems has built a SaaS platform that improves and accelerates clinical trials to help bring new, advance, safer treatments to market that will change the world. As a member of the Engineering team, you will have substantial impact on the future of our platform, and as the company grows as will your career with Comprehend Systems. This position is based in Montreal, Canada.
- Collaborate with Integration team to build ETL processes to ingest data into BI stores
- Work with the internal teams in understanding our customers’ requirements and convert them into technical solutions
- Be a team player in performing development work during the production life cycle
- Gather and process complex raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Design and develop data processing solutions that support high performing and scalable analytic solutions
- Work closely with data science to integrate amazing analytics solutions
- Responsible to be aware of and trained in Information Security
- Accountable for abiding by Security SOPs
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and SQL queries performance tuning
- Experienced with building stream and batch data processing systems
- Experienced with Impala, Hive & Presto is an asset
- Excellent experience with RDBMS (Potgres, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, & etc)
- Excellent experience with NOSQL databases (HBase, Mongo DB … etc)
- Excellent knowledge of the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of Scala/Java is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with micro-services and lambda architecture is an asset
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Diversity, open communications and respect for each other
- Continuous learning and improvement of team and self skills
- 3+ years in a data engineering role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- TO APPLY: