General Cashier/Bahrain Job
General Cashier: Accountable for all funds including the petty cash & house funds. Receives, counts & deposits daily cash sales & other collections.
- Collects cashiers remittance envelopes from the deposits box; counts the money to verify contents and duly ensures that envelopes’ amount tally with those in the log book.
- Ascertains that all foreign currency received by cashiers are remitted & tallies these to the cashiers’ report on foreign exchange received.
- Receives collection from customers and issue official receipt.
- Summarizes cash sales & collections in the General Cashiers Report.
- Assist in depositing cash sales & foreign currency; sees that all receipts are deposited intact.
- Maintains adequate supply of change for cashiers.
- Keep custody of petty cash & pays petty cash reimbursements.
- Performs other related functions assigned by the Financial Controller.
Education & Experience:
- middot; Degree in hotel management or accountin
- middot; Minimum of one year previous experiences within a hotel environment.
- middot; Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must
- knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System is an asset.