Receptionist/Cashier job in England
Vancouver Island Health Authority
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient & staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager or designate, the Receptionist/Cashier provides reception services, information and direction to residents, visitors and others, operates the telephone switchboard and paging system, utilizes computerized applications to maintain, update and enter information to the Admitting, Discharge, Transfer (ADT) system, receives, balances and disburses cash collected from various areas for trust accounts and petty cash, performs a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
- Training And
- Grade 12 and one years’ recent, related experience or and equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.