Restaurant Managers / Job In Canada
Location: Mississauga, ON
This position will challenge your leadership values, commitment to service excellence in hospitality management, accountability for daily operational processes and attention for detail, all while achieving good quality within a budget and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction. Creating a positive and energetic work environment and making sure that all outlets perform well, with the importance of creating a strong relationship with the Owner/Operators. This position reports directly to Lino Dicecca.
- Responsible for running the day-to-day catering operations and services, this includes leading the teams of chefs and catering assistants, monitoring the quality of products and services provided.
- Must be able to supervise 5 – 23 staff at any given time.
- Plan work schedules for all day-to-day catering needs and special events
- Planning and/or negotiate arrangements with clients for catering menus for banquets, receptions or events.
- Planning and consultation with chefs catering requirements/menus
- Must be able to hire, train, supervise and motivate permanent and temporary staff in all aspects of the day-to-day catering operations and services.
- Monitoring supply inventory, ordering supplies, and modify procedures and prices when needed.
- Managing in store deliveries are received and accounted for in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Cost control through inventory and monitoring staff to ensure limited waste product.
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and achieved.
- Working closely with the owner/operator of the store and other managers to promote a team environment enabling the team to provide outstanding customer service and an excellent product and overall experience for each customer.
- Travel may be required as part of the working day, such locations will be media industry or event catering (i.e. conferences, weddings and/or sport events).
- Addressing complaints from customers and staff and resolving problems.
- A combination of relevant education and experience in a relevant type of work is appropriate. A college or university diploma in restaurant management and 1 year of relevant hands on working experience in a similar working environment or 2-3 years of relevant working experience in a relevant working environment.
- Several years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience is required.
- Communicate very well in English, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- You must have strong organizational, decision making and time management skills, with the ability to manage a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services. With the ability to think quickly in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis.
- You must have strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers, staff and owners.
- Fast passed working environment can be very hot at times, and there may also be some heavy lifting due to deliveries and set ups at the catering location.