Seasonal Camp Director / Job In Canada
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
Are you looking for a rewarding summer job in a fun and creative environment?
We are the largest photography specialty camp in Canada with three locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Chicago.
We believe in giving kids and teens the opportunity to express themselves creatively. This goal is achieved by hiring only the very best talented individuals to create an interactive and energetic camp environment. The Camp Director role is an enriching position that allows to you to develop life long skills.
- Maintain high quality summer programming that meets our camp standards by overseeing summer staff.
- Ensure exceptional instruction, enthusiasm and overall staff performance.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all staff members and campers at all times and making sure all camp practices meet the Ontario Camps Association standards.
- Daily on site presence as the main contact for parents, communicating with them and all staff to ensure every comment and concern is handled effectively and efficiently.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce camp Policies & Procedures, Emergency and Health and Safety Standards.
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed.
- Other admin duties as necessary.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience as a Camp Director or similar
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Photography knowledge is an asset but not required
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (must provide a copy upon hiring)
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and full time use of a vehicle
- Applicants MUST be available for:
- The entire camp season (June 24, 2018 – Aug 16, 2018 );
- Mandatory Camp Director Training weekend (typically last weekend in May or first weekend in Jun)
- Minimal part time recruiting / planning work prior to camp (Feb – June).
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.